It all started with any area rug. Yes, seriously! I found this gorgeous rug at Homesense a couple years ago, and until I converted the unused office into Emmy’s nursery it sat lonely under the desk. When I found out I was pregnant I knew the rug had to stay. I pulled my inspiration for the room from the bright, bold colours and style of the rug. What I love about this space is it’s fun yet feminine, sophisticated yet youthful, and the tones in the rug allowed me to incorporate a variety of blush tones into the space. Take a look at the space below and let me know what you think in the comments below! Nursery items are linked.
- The ‘irregular dots’ on the feature wall are actually individual decals (yes, it took about 2 hours broken up over a few days but was quite painless) from Urban Walls. I got the ‘charcoal’ colour
- The Crib was a must-have item for me. I eyed it up at West Elm for about a month before I decided no other crib compared
- Emmy’s lovely swan friend on her wall is from Target
- The little storage bunny is from Buy Buy Baby but is currently showing ‘unavailable’ 😦
- Wooden ‘Emmy’ laser-cut sign is from a fellow Canadian gal on Etsy
- Wooden letterboard is from another Canadian maker in Halifax who I also found on Etsy
- Her mirror was a ‘don’t even think about it you must buy this NOW’ item from H&M home
- The cross-stitched picture was made from two Edmonton nurses, who I found on Instagram
- The dresser is the Hemnes collection from IKEA. The unit comes with black knobs, but I swapped them out for four swan knobs from Etsy and replaced the rest with gold and stone knobs that I found on Ali Express.
- The lamp was another Homesense find, sorry!
- The heart garland I bought at Target before I knew I was having a girl (gut instinct perhaps?)
- The storage boxes in the closet are also from IKEA
- The fiddle leaf fig tree is from Dutch Growers in Saskatoon. I had a friend pick it up for me and drive it to Edmonton… Thanks Steph!
All photos are taken by the talented Julia Brown Photography.
Until my next post, Jessica ❤
One thought on “Design: Fun & Feminine Nursery Reveal”